Uploaded on Oct 12, 2011
While Chef Danielle Saunders may not have been born with a silver spoon in her mouth, she was raised with a pan in her hand and an everlasting passion for the culinary arts.
Who’s ready for some dessert? Here’s my recipe for S’more bread pudding!
Bread Pudding -
- 1 1/2 loaves Of Challah bread cut into large cubed and dried
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups large marshmallows quartered
- 1/2 cup dark 70 + chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup semi sweet coarsely chopped
Crumble Topping -
- 8 whole graham crackers, crushed and mixed with 1/4 cup softer butter, a dash of cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. The mixture should be rough crumbled pieces.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 10 x 15 baking dish. In a separate bowl combine the butter, milk, eggs, sugars, extract and 1/2 the chocolate with the dried cubed bread until completely saturated in. Place half of this mixture in baking dish, then follow with a generous layer of chocolate, graham cracker crumble and and marshmallows, add remaining bread mixture, repeat layering steps ending with a graham cracker crumble topped masterpiece!
Cook do about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream! Serves about 15.
This week’s recipe is a good one…. Lamb Burgers!
I decided to use lamb because it’s a much healthier then beef while still providing all the rich flavors and texture of a traditional burger. Another healthy alternative to accompany your lamb burger are baked sweet potato fries. Yummy!
1 pound ground lamb
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 Brioche Buns
Preheat grill or pan for medium heat.
Place the lamb in a large bowl, and mix with mint, rosemary, oregano, and garlic. Season with spices both dry and fresh, mix well then shape them into 4 patties.
Add some oil to your pan or grill and cook your burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, or until well done.
Heat the Brioche bun briefly on the grill. Serve burgers on bun with chunky feta N’cucumber taziki sauce.
Feta N’ Cucumber Taziki
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped red onion
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
The juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon chopped herbs each parsley/ mint
Nice pinch minced garlic
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/2 seedless cucumber small dice
S and P to taste
I have a yummy and HEALTHY salad recipe for you. Try it and tweet me a pic @daniellethechef.
Peace and Blessings!
- 1 large bunch of Green Kale
- 1 large bunch of Purple Kale
- 1 bunch of Collard Greens
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless/ skinless chicken breast split
- 1 lemon for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
- garlic powder
- Onion powder
Ingredients for the Cornbread Croutons
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for baking dish
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Step #1 – Season and Grill your Chicken
- Spilt chicken breasts in half, season both sides with salt, white pepper, granulated garlic and granulated onion. Place on grill and cook for approximately 6 minutes on each side. Once its done set it aside and start working on your greens!
Step #2 – Wash and Season your Greens
- Cut up your Kale and Collards all into 1/4 inch strips and wash thoroughly in cold water. Placed your washed greens into a salad spinner or pat dry with paper towel.
- Place your clean greens in mixing bowl. Season them with salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons of raw coconut dressing (see my recipe for Raw Coconut Dressing).
- Mix gently and throughly coat your greens with the dressing.
Step #3 – Making Homemade Cornbread Croutons
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix your wet ingredients: eggs, buttermilk, heavy cream and butter.
- Pour your wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold together until there are no dry spots (the batter will still be lumpy).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake until the top is golden brown and tester inserted into the middle of the corn bread comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven, let cool and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place in bowl ans season with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- For added crunch you can baking them further at 350 for 15 minutes.
Hi Everyone! I’m excited to share this wonderful Risotto Jambalaya recipe with you. Its a soulful heart-healthy dish that you can make with your kids. Try it and let me know what you think on my facebook page or on twitter!
In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well. In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery, 3 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Stir in rice and slowly add broth. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring constantly..as the about 15 minutes. When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage. Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
4 ounces chicken, diced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, recipe follows
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
3 cups chicken stock
5 ounces Andouille sausage, cubed
Salt and pepper
Homemade Creole Seasoning
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
4 tablespoons kosher salt
4 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
While Danielle Saunders may not have been born with a silver spoon in her mouth, she was certainly raised with a pan in her hand and an everlasting pa
ssion for food. Danielle’s early experience helping her family prepare Sunday dinner was the landmark for the start of her culinary journey.
In 1997, Danielle enrolled at the New York Restaurant School, where she studied Culinary Arts under Award Winning chef, Neil Becker. After graduating, Danielle further honed her skills by working under the tutelage of renowned chef greats, Anne Rosenzweig and Michael Lomonaco. Soon thereafter, Danielle became the Executive Chef at Panevino Ristorante in New York City.
As Danielle’s reputation grew she caught the eye media mogul, Sean “Diddy” Combs, and was offered an opportunity to become his personal chef. It wasn’t long before Danielle became a sought after chef to the stars, cooking for the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Jann Wenner, Tom Hanks, Gary Sheffield and countless others.
Much like her celebrity clientele, Danielle is no stranger to the media. She made her first television appearance on VH1′s “I Want to Work for Diddy 2” in 2009. Then in 2011, Chef Danielle became the first African American female winner of Food Network’s hit TV show “Chopped”. In the Fall of 2011, Chef Danielle won “Chopped Champions” and made history again by becoming the first female chef to ever win Food Network’s championship chef competition.
Chef Danielle Saunders “Soul Fusion” style is reinventing traditional soul food cuisine. Influenced by her wide array of international experiences and traditional southern techniques, instilled in her since childhood, Danielle is upgrading the soul food genre by using healthier & organic ingredients combined with gourmet accouterments, while keeping cook and prep time under 40 mins.
SOUL FUSION = COMFORT FOOD MADE HEALTHIER + MADE QUICK & EASY