I have a yummy and HEALTHY salad recipe for you. Try it and tweet me a pic @daniellethechef.
Peace and Blessings!
- 1 large bunch of Green Kale
- 1 large bunch of Purple Kale
- 1 bunch of Collard Greens
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless/ skinless chicken breast split
- 1 lemon for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
- garlic powder
- Onion powder
Ingredients for the Cornbread Croutons
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for baking dish
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Step #1 – Season and Grill your Chicken
- Spilt chicken breasts in half, season both sides with salt, white pepper, granulated garlic and granulated onion. Place on grill and cook for approximately 6 minutes on each side. Once its done set it aside and start working on your greens!
Step #2 – Wash and Season your Greens
- Cut up your Kale and Collards all into 1/4 inch strips and wash thoroughly in cold water. Placed your washed greens into a salad spinner or pat dry with paper towel.
- Place your clean greens in mixing bowl. Season them with salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons of raw coconut dressing (see my recipe for Raw Coconut Dressing).
- Mix gently and throughly coat your greens with the dressing.
Step #3 – Making Homemade Cornbread Croutons
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix your wet ingredients: eggs, buttermilk, heavy cream and butter.
- Pour your wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold together until there are no dry spots (the batter will still be lumpy).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake until the top is golden brown and tester inserted into the middle of the corn bread comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven, let cool and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place in bowl ans season with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- For added crunch you can baking them further at 350 for 15 minutes.